Tina Steimel's son Jeff died 20 months ago... His death was ruled a suicide. Tina fought this after discovering
this 'game' as she knew her son had not killed himself: Tina vowed to NEVER GIVE UP.. What a mom... and... the truth comes
out! Thank God...
I wanted to let
you and everyone know. The
ME ruled Jeff's death an accident today. YEAH!!!!!!. I tried to email Sarah but I don't think
it went through. What a Christmas present HUH
(Slick) WIllie Breen's (William) family just found out that their son's death has been ruled an 'accident'
as well. This is by far the most accurate 'classification' of death I've yet to see in regards to those who have died the
way our children died..........
We have recently recieved Williams death certificate. I think the ME hit it right on.
Listed as Accidental.
Cause, " Lost consciousness while using ligature to induce decreased cerebral oxygenation euphoria "
I dont think it could have been said better, even if they had let me write it.
I hope all have as Happy a Holiday as possible, its certainly is and will be rough around here.
Williams dad, Bill
Dennis Patton, father of choking game victim Jeffery Patton has been notified
that his sons death will be classified an 'accident'. However, as you will read, there is a problem with the legal terms;
Death which results from playing this 'game' has got to be stated as such in order to get correct statistics and further validation
for education and warning of this 'killer game'!
"We have just received the "official" Death Certificate for our son, Jeff who
lost his life playing this game back on August 28, 2005. I wanted to share this with all of you to see what you think
about the way the Summit County Medical Examiner has handled our son's death certificate.
It reads "....Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy due to complication of asphyxia
from hanging. The manner of death was ruled as accident."
I went to a medical dictionary and looked up all of the medical terms used
in that description and here are the results:
Hypoxic - Reduction of oxygen supply to tissue below
physiological levels despite adequate perfusion of the tissue by blood.
ischemic - A low oxygen state usually due to obstruction of the
arterial blood supply or inadequate blood flow leading to hypoxia in the tissue.
encephalopathy - Any degenerative disease of the brain.
due to complication of
asphyxia - A condition caused by the inadequate intake of oxygen.
My initial reaction to this ruling was a bit of relief that it didn't say
"suicide" and then it began to bother me that this particular description, accurate as it may be, is so wordy that it
will never find its way into the statistics related to the true cause; "the choking game." If there is no consistency in the
ruling on these deaths, there will be no trend or spike in the data to demonstrate the magnitude of the problem."
Dennis Patton - Jeff's dad
Aaron Knack, school principle and godfather of choking game victim
Kyle McCarthy has been working very hard, along with Kyle's family to spread the warinings of this killer 'game'..............
Posted December 7, 2005
'Choking game’ awareness event set
Plans are continuing for the McCarthy family benefit Sunday to raise funds for the Stop the Choking Game Association and
its efforts to put together education and prevention materials.
The benefit will be held from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at
Waverly Beach, N8770 Fire Lane 1, Menasha, in memory of Kyle McCarthy, a seventh-grader at Madison Middle School in Appleton
who died Oct. 10 as the result of playing the “choking game.”
Raising Awareness about "The Choking Game"
Dec 13, 2005, 06:00 AM PST
By Jeff Alexander
Parents and friends of an Appleton teen who died from what's known as "the choking game" want to make sure it doesn't happen
to anyone else. Thirteen-year-old Kyle McCarthy died in October after he choked himself to get high. On Sunday, his family
held a benefit to get the word out about this dangerous act.
The turnout at Waverly Beach in Menasha speaks volumes about the support for a grieving family's mission. "It means a lot
to our family, just all the love and support that people have shown. I've said it over and over that it's the only thing that's
getting us through," said Kyle's mother, Sue.
The McCarthys' goal in holding this benefit is to raise awareness about the dangers of what's called "the choking game"
Where young people cut off their own air supply to try and get high.
They lost their son because of it, now they want to make sure other families avoid their pain.
"It's out there and the parents need to know it's out there, and that's what this is for," said Kelly McCarthy, Kyle's
"We want to save lives for other children and to help families. It's just an awful thing that's going on and we want to
stop it," Sue added.
The McCarthys will use money raised Sunday for educational videos and safety pamphlets. They say the videos and information
will target both kids and parents, and their hope is to distribute them to schools nationwide.
Some feel their efforts are already making a difference. Kyle's best friend, Jamie Marks, said, "Because of what happened,
I think people are thinking twice to not do it because it could possibly happen to them.